So, I’ve been on hiatus for some unknown reason. I have plenty to write about, just haven’t sat down to write I suppose. Anywho, I actually received TWO nominations for the Liebster Award from fellow bloggers! And I decided that accepting the nominations and passing them on would be a good icebreaker (“don’t call it a comeback!” kudos if you get that) 😉 First, thank you to I can say mama and Still Playing School for nominations and your great questions! I really am touched when I receive awards from fellow bloggers and a real sense of knowing that others actually read what I write! Wooo! Plus, it makes me seem like a “real person” with my own life haha
Alright, so here are the rules:
1. Answer 11 questions posed by the blogger bestowing the honor
2. Post 11 random facts about yourself
3. Pass the award along to 11 additional fellow bloggers
4. Pose a set of 11 questions to those bloggers
So, you get 22 answers since I’ll answer questions from both bloggers, but then you get 11 of everything else! haha (mostly because I’m not sure I can come up with 22 things about myself anyone really would care to know and 22 questions for anyone else to answer just isn’t fair!)
First, the questions from I can say mama:
1. Which is the first song on your playlist? Currently, it’s “Cinderella” by Steven Curtis Chapman – tearjerking father/daughter song! Helped DJ a sweet 16 yesterday, and that was the father/daughter song we had to download at the last minute.
2. Do you like to shop online or do you prefer to shop “offline”? Definitely “offline” for clothes. Anytime I buy clothes online I’m disappointed. I really need to be able to try them on. I do some online shopping for kids toys and stuff, but not much.
3. Are you a talented singer? Sadly, no. I wish I was though! Then I could be on “The Voice” and have Adam Levine and Usher fight over me! *swoon*
4. Do you like sports? If so, what do you enjoy watching or doing the most? Yes! I LOVVVVEEE college football!! A true Texas Alumni – love my Longhorns. \\m// Hook ’em Horns!
5. Who is your favourite actor/actress and why? I have to go with Denzel Washington. There isn’t a movie of his I’ve seen that I didn’t love. He is such a great actor!
6. Which is your favourite drink? I’m addicted to Dr. Pepper!!
7. Are you superstitious? Eh, I’d have to say that I can be at times. I used to be much worse, but I’ve “grown up” so to speak and realize a lot of it was just nonsense. (Don’t tell my grandma!)
8. Name something you are really bad at. Anything requiring musical talent. I can’t carry a tune to save my life and I wish I could play an instrument, but all I’m good for is “Are You Sleeping” on the piano
9. Name something you are really good at. Writing! 🙂
10. What is your favourite thing about blogging? I love the sense of community! I love reading other blogs and forming relationships through the comments and sharing stories. You really get to “know” people and have a genuine interest in what they have to say. It’s great.
11. What is your worst habit? Procrastination. Always has been. I wait until the absolute last minute for everything. Although, I have gotten a little bit better since Braxton came along. I really do stay on top of things to make sure he has everything he needs and all the appointments are squared away.
And now the questions from Still Playing School:
1. How/why did you start blogging? It really was mostly to keep friends and family informed of Braxton’s progress. I got tired of making 15 phone calls answering all the same questions. Since we all are online, I felt it was easiest to just put the info out there for them to read. It’s really turned in to much more than that. It’s like therapy for me now. I write through my emotions and frustrations. I’ve “met” some other awesome mommy bloggers and built a new little community/support group for myself
2. Do you have any pets? We have a boxer/bulldog mix, Roxanne, but she stays with my mother-in-law for now. Our landlord didn’t allow dogs when we moved, so she’s crashing with grandma.
3. What’s the best book you’ve ever read? Eeeek! I don’t read a whole lot anymore. I used to devour books, but since I had to read so many for school, I never really found the time to read for fun. I did read the “Hunger Games” series and really enjoyed those. Not sure about “best,” but that’s the most recent!
4. What is one thing you will never reconsider or change about yourself? Hmmm…..I’d have to say the fact that I voice my opinion. I’m very straightforward and will speak up when needed. Especially when it comes to my kids. I will always, always advocate for them and make sure they know mom will stand up for them.
5. If you are in a relationship, how did you meet your significant other? We met through a mutual friend. The 3 of us all went out to dinner and you’d never know there was a 3rd person there. Joseph and I hit it off right from the start 🙂
6. If you read my blog, how did you find it? I started following after you commented on a post on our blog!
7. Which celebrity do you loathe? The Kardashians! Ugh, seriously, why are they even famous?! I don’t understand!
8. What are your weekend plans? Oops, it’s the end of the weekend, but this weekend we hung out with the kiddos, DJ’ed for a Sweet 16 and visited my in-laws today.
9. What did you eat for breakfast? I’m really not a breakfast person, so didn’t eat anything until lunchtime.
10. When do you think you’re were happiest in your life, so far? Oh man, that’s tough. I think every day brings new happiness and joy in my life. There are always ups and downs throughout life, but you can always find happiness. I still think the best days of my life are ahead of me 🙂
11. What inspires you? Cliche as it may sound, my kids. I love how much they teach me about life and myself each and every day. The obstacles they face and continue to overcome truly inspires me.
*whew* ok that wasn’t so bad.
11 Facts about me
1. I am addicted to Target. I swear, no matter what I go there for, I can’t get out for less than $100!
2. I had Lasik eye surgery about 4 years ago. I couldn’t see much of anything, and “I can see clearly now, the rain is gone” haha jk But in all seriousness, I really can see well now.
3. 90’s- early 2000’s music is my guilty pleasure.
4. Especially 90’s- early 2000’s boy bands. Can’t get enough of N’SYNC, Backstreet Boys, O-Town…etc Yes, I still know every word and sign my heart out. In my car. With the windows up.
5. I eat wayyyy too much. Seriously! I feel like we’re always eating. As I sit here and eat this slice of delicious pizza. At 11pm! Yikes! I’m surprised I don’t weigh about 300 pounds. Keeping up with the kids keeps most of the weight at bay, I think.
6. I dabble in Graphic Design. I wish I had time to take some more classes, but I think I do alright! I designed the header for our blog 😉 I’ve also done invitations, business cards, graduation inserts…different things, mostly for family and friends. You need anything? hehe
7. I’m also addicted to Dr. Pepper! I know, I know it’s terrible for me (on top of eating pizza at 11pm) I assure you though, the kids do NOT eat as bad as I do, nor do they drink soda! Plus, if Dr. Pepper is the worst thing I’m addicted too, I think I’m doin alright
8. I should be sleeping. I find myself staying up later and later to watch “real” TV (a 6 year old is in charge of it until she goes to bed) or blog or do whatever else needs to be done for the next day (Braxton’s blend, laundry, etc) or just sit around and unwind
9. My least favorite chore is a tie between laundry and dishes. Seriously, why is there no fold button on the dryer!
10. My Pinterest is full of funny e-cards, cheesy quotes, inspirational sayings and other things of the sort. I know other moms are busy posting recipes and cool projects for their kids, but I’m just there for laughs haha (with the occasional pin of a cool craft for the kids I may or may not ever get around to do doing)
11. On that note, I don’t think “Pinterest Mom” really exists. All the pictures of perfectly crafted delicious looking cupcakes and super cute crafts were in no way done by real moms with real kids hanging off their hip…there’s just no way!
11 Questions for the Bloggers I nominate
- What is your favorite thing about blogging?
- What TV Show is your guilty pleasure?
- What song/genre of music is your guilty pleasure?
- Money is no object, what would be your ideal vacation?
- What is your favorite movie? Ok, Ok, top 3 favorites?
- Describe your life with a movie title!
- What hobbies do you have (aside from blogging!)?
- What talent do you wish you had?
- If you could be a superhero, who would you be? Why?
- If you had a chance to have your own reality show, what would it be about?
- What’s the worst job you ever had?
And finally, the blogs I nominate for the Liebster Award! [Some that I want to nominate have already received it previously, sooo may be less than 11]